Summary of Rules:
- Intentionally Destroying cargo of any kind is not tolerated, and punishable by permanent ban.
- Intentionally killing other PCEOs is not tolerated and is punishable by a 7 day ban. A second offense may result in a permanent ban.
- Griefing, trolling, harassment, racist comments, threatening or unfriendly voice/text communication is not tolerated, and punishable based on the offense.
- All incidents will be investigated fairly by council members, to determine appropriate action while taking everything into account.
- You MUST have PCEO as your active crew when in our sessions, or you will be treated as a random player. PCEO is a crew for players wanting to peacefully make money and play in free mode. The PCEO tag serves as an identification card to be used in our sessions, to identify who is a PCEO member and who is a Random player.
- Running solo VIP/CEO/MC work is not permitted in large lobbies. Send invites frequently, and offer to work for others. If you want to work solo, find a small lobby, and use our tutorial for creating solo lobbies, found on our web site Guides & Resources.
- Vote-kicking all Random/Hostile non-PCEO players is mandatory, and takes priority over any other action.
- Vote-kicking is one of the most useful tools to keep a lobby safe. Every vote counts so we need the majority of our PCEO members to vote out a random or hostile player. For this reason you should be checking the player list before you start an activity, before you hire for CEO/MC work, every time you finish an activity, and every few minutes. There is a cooldown on vote kicking which lasts about five minutes.
- If an admin, defender, or community representative contacts you regarding an incident, it is in your best interest to respond. They’re only doing their job and trying to keep the peace.
- Be friendly to others. Help others out. Return favors. Remain peaceful. Think before you act/speak. Be kind and mature.
Any issues with other players/members must be reported to a Lobby Defender or Councilor for investigation if necessary. NOTE: Video or screenshot evidence and witnesses are very useful if there is an incident.
Any issues or concerns with any rules or protocols, as well as ideas for new rules, are highly encouraged to be brought to the attention of a Councilor.
Discord Chat: The crew uses discord to communicate among ourselves, to plan and work together, find lobbies, and the leadership uses it to frequently send important announcements to the crew. It is strongly recommended that you use discord while in game so you can benefit from collaborating with crew members. Discord works on nearly all mobile devices and web browsers. It will make your time more fun and productive. If you are not yet on discord and wish to join in, send your email address to any of the Councilors and you will receive an invite into the chat. Be sure to set your username as your gamertag! Remember to check your direct/private messages, especially if there is some incident with another crew member. Discord is now a requirement.
Cargo: “Cargo” is defined by any valuables being moved within a session, like Crates, Crate Vehicles, MC Products, Import/Export Vehicles, Gunrunning cargo. Cargo is under NO CIRCUMSTANCES to be attacked or intentionally destroyed by other PCEO members. Intentionally destroying another PCEO member’s cargo is not tolerated in any lobby, and the offender is subject to an immediate permanent ban from the crew. Although mistakes may happen and are understandable, Carelessness and Negligence are not excuses for destroying cargo, and may be punishable as well. Think first before you act. For example, using lock-on missiles is dangerous near other people’s cargo. Using proximity mines is a very bad idea because they may harm someone’s cargo in the lobby hours later.
Killing Other PCEO Members: Intentionally killing PCEO members is not tolerated in any lobby. Any offender in violation of this rule is subject to a temporary (7 day) ban. A second violation will result in a permanent ban from the crew. Accidental killings happen, we all get that. Whether it be someone running into the tail-rotor of a helicopter, or accidentally locking into another PCEO member while firing at NPC enemies, it happens. Again gross Carelessness and negligence are not an excuse. Do not retaliate.
Resolving problems An admin, defender, or community representative may contact you after an incident. Just let them know what happened. They’re not trying to police you, they’re just making sure everything is alright. If something happens between crew members, it is in your interest to respond to any questions. Apologize when an accident happens, to the person who was affected, and to anyone else who may have been involved. We’re all on the same team, and treat each other with respect.
Griefing includes any of the following:
- Intentional trolling
- Destroying another member’s personal vehicle (This also includes Pegasus and Special vehicles)
- “Trapping”/Rendering another member incapable of moving or completing an objective.
- Hateful or unfriendly voice or text communication.
- Interfering in another PCEO member’s VIP/MC/CEO work like Headhunter, etc.
These are special cases, and may have different punishments for each particular offense. Each case will be thoroughly assessed and discussed.
The PCEO tag serves the same purpose as an identification card: It enables everyone in our sessions to know immediately who is PCEO, and who is a random player. Outside of our sessions, members may wear any tag they please. It is mandatory for members to wear the PCEO tag in our lobbies. If you accidentally enter our lobby without your PCEO tag on, leave the lobby right away. If a member chooses not to wear the tag in our sessions, that member is treated no differently than a random player, even if the member tries to identify him/herself as PCEO via message. No PCEO tag = leave the lobby.
Dealing with “Random” Players:
Random players are classified as any player in a PCEO session that is not wearing the PCEO tag. Since Random players are non-PCEO players, they may not be aware of our policy of peace, or even care. Stay away from random players. These players are not technically considered hostile, but may turn hostile. They will be under surveillance by the Lobby Defense Team. If a Random player comes near your cargo or is following one of your cargo vehicles, you may protect your cargo, even if they haven’t yet proven to be hostile. This is considered “hostile intent”. Never hire a Random player into your organization. Before hiring, press D-pad down to check the player list. If there are any randoms in the lobby, remember who they are and do not hire them. If you accidentally hire a random and work with them, you are subject to disciplinary action. You will also assume responsibility for what they do. It is your responsibility to disband or dismiss them immediately, and to vote-kick them. It is mandatory to vote-kick all random players on sight, even if you know them, even if they are on your friend list, even if you think they are peaceful, before they prove themselves hostile and to protect cargo within the session. If a random kills you, do not retaliate, just leave the area.
“Hostile” Random Players:
A “Hostile” player is any random that displays unquestionable hostility within a PCEO session. These players commit any of the following:
- Destroying cargo.
- Killing any players in the lobby.
- Chasing cargo.
- Destroying vehicles (personal, Pegasus or Special).
- Taunting, harassing or threatening PCEO members.
- Hostile voice or text communication.
- A Random player heading for an aircraft spawn area (they may be trying to get a weaponized aircraft).
- A random activating Ghost Organization or Off the Radar.
NOTE: If an obvious hostile player is in the session, PCEO members can use off radar if nearing said hostile players.
Hostile players are the single greatest threat to the purpose of our lobbies. In order to ensure the safety of everyone’s assets, they must be kicked from the session immediately. Vote-kicking this takes priority over everything. Stop what you are doing and vote-kick the random. It is for the safety of everyone’s investments, including your own.
Stay away from hostile players. Lobby Defenders will be doing their duties, and they do not want you interfering or creating more confusion. Defenders are protecting you and your cargo. If you are moving cargo and the site of conflict is in your path, take a detour. If hostile players remain in the session for an extended period of time, it is recommended that everyone avoid running cargo until the situation is dealt with.
Solo VIP/MC/CEO and large lobbies:
Running a solo organization for a long time in a large lobby is not permitted. PCEO is a big community, and we all have things we need to get done in our conquest for wealth. We all have cargo to run, drugs to sell, etc. A lobby is limited to 10 registered organizations per 30 players. Some members have said that they prefer to “work alone” and they can do that in a small lobby. When all VIP slots are filled in a session of 15+ members, solo organizations don’t allow everyone to participate and have work. Don’t be selfish, be courteous. Players should team up in groups of 2-4 and rotate organizations within their respective groups. Before hiring, press dpad-down to check the players list and make sure you are not about to hire a random. Send out frequent invites to other players between cargo runs and sales, to give members plenty of chances to join up with you. If you can’t yet get a space to register, then offer to help others, or find other productive things to do. We can all use a helping hand and most of our members are more than happy to help. Remember to offer to return the favor! If you want to create a small lobby, visit Guides & Resources on our web site.
AFK (away from game, etc)
Extended AFK time in our lobbies is not permitted. It interferes with the defense of the lobby, and takes up space that could be used by other members. You can go AFK in any random lobby.
Some work takes much too long, and can stop others from doing their work. For this reason, these ones SHOULD NOT be run in our lobbies: Executive Search, Piracy Prevention, Fortified, Ramped Up, Stockpiling, Amphib Assault, Fully Loaded, Stand Your Ground, Guns for Hire, Velocity.
Use of proxy mines in our lobbies is not permitted. Any accidentally dropped mines can be fixed immediately by putting 5 sticky bombs anywhere and then blowing them all up – that erases the mines. Some gunrunning vehicles drop mines when you honk, so be sure to not honk during gunrunning deliveries. Mines can blow up someone’s cargo hours later in our lobby and you will be held responsible.
Notes on Basic Protocol and Etiquette:
- If you accidentally wrong another member, apologize to them and show them you’re friendly. It avoids all kinds of conflict and drama. A quick “hey man, my bad” goes a long way.
- If someone accidentally kills you, understand that accidents sometimes happen. To everyone, even you. Accept the apology and move on with your business.
- If an admin, defender, or community representative asks you questions about an incident, respond to them and let them know what happened. They’re not trying to police you, just making sure that everything is alright and there’s no issues.
- If someone helps you out, return the favor.
- Be friendly. We’re all here for the same thing, respect that. Temper tantrums and hissy fits will get you nowhere.
Do not wear PCEO tags in public lobbies while engaging in PVP or other significantly-not-peaceful activity. We all want to represent our crew well. You can join another crew and then switch between crews very quickly from story mode.
You can bring any issues or concerns to a PCEO Admin. It will be discussed and the issue will be resolved.